Rita Radcliffe (b. 1934) was a celebrated author who specialized in writing textbooks related to mutantry. The collection titled Radcliffe's Guide to Mutantry were Superhero School textbooks written by her. She also wrote an Herbalism guide.
Rita Radcliffe was born in 1934, somewhere in the United States of America. Her family was relatively wealthy by the time she arrived. In her youth, she received formal instruction, attending Superhero School from approximately 1941 to 1952. Radcliffe found the complicated instructions and abstruse concepts in her "old-fashioned textbooks" rather hard to understand.
After her schooling, in which she self-admittedly "struggled", Radcliffe realized that the help she had needed as a young girl simply did not exist. In response to this, she made a living by writing school textbooks all the while striving to make her writings both scientifically correct and academically useful, but also appealing and plain enough to be understood without too much difficulty, allowing every student to be in possession of knowledge about "basic and not-so-basic" mutantry.
It was around this time that Radcliffe penned the Radcliffe's Guide to Mutantry series, a collection of textbooks that have been regularly requested at Superhero School, as well as Commonwealth School of Mutantry, further attesting to the prestige of Radcliffe's works. Radcliffe has also published a comprehensive encyclopedia of Herbalism.
In recognition of her efforts in the teaching of mutantry, Rita Radcliffe was immortalized in a Holocard bearing her effigy and achievements.
Known works Edit
- Radcliffe's Guide to Mutantry
- Unleash the Mutant Within: A Beginner's Guide
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part One
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part Two
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part Three
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part Four
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part Five
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part Six
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part Seven
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part Eight
- The Basics of Mutantry: Part Nine
- Mutantry Unveiled: A Guide to Advanced Mutantry
- Radcliffe's Guide to Herbalism
Powers and abilities Edit
- The X-Children: Where Are You Now? (First mentioned)
- The Life and Legends: The Gladiator (Mentioned only)
- D.I.T. Website (first appearance)
Notes and references Edit
|Professors: Bladepoint · Danielle Park · Harold Gumma|
|Textbooks: Aquatic Mutant Plants of the Arctic · Flesh-Eating Trees of the World · Radcliffe's Guide to Herbalism · One Thousand Mutated Fungi|
|Superhero School class: Herbalism Award · Herbalism Lesson Cup · Herbalism Race Cup|
|Superhero School greenhouses: One · Two · Three · Four · Five · Teacher's Office|
|Herbalists: Harold Gumma · Rita Radcliffe · Elladora Ketteridge · Beatrix Darran · Nepali mutant · Philla Sparre · Whitney Bolon|
|Plants Studied: Dark vine · Googol Seed Shrub · Mandrake · Mercury Flytrap · Screnpod · Spiky Bush · Umbrella Flower · Walking plant · Wild rice|